How to get unbanned from a Discord server
Discord is an instant messaging platform where users can send text and media messages and have both voice and video calls. Although its user-friendly platform invites and attracts people from around the world, it has some risks attached, such as getting banned on Discord.
Users may get blocked under a server ban that doesn’t allow connection to a particular community server. Whereas the discord-wide ban doesn’t let users avail of any of its services. You can still access Discord after bypassing your IP ban in various ways.
One of the ways to get unbanned from a Discord server is using VPNs. But in some cases, VPNs can’t lift the ban depending on various circumstances. However, it protects users from cyber threats, monitoring, scams, and DDoS attacks.
This post will discuss the techniques to bypass the IP ban on Discord. You can also view our list of the best VPN for Discord.
Why do I need a VPN for Discord ban?
Discord has become a popular social app that is trending among users worldwide. It was developed for gamers to send text, audio, or video messages while playing games. Like many other gaming apps, Discord is banned in some countries with strict cyber regulations and many organizations, such as schools and businesses.
Educational institutes and enterprises impose access restrictions on this platform to prevent students or employees from distracting. However, a reliable VPN can help you access Discord in areas where it is banned. VPNs can provide you with a reliable and secure environment for using Discord. You can protect your identity and personal data on Discord without compromising your safety.
Best VPNs For Discord to Get Unbanned From a Discord Server
The most practical solution to get unbanned from a Discord server is to use an online tool that you can find easily, such as a virtual private network. With several virtual private networks available in the market, you definitely need an effective VPN to unban Discord.
For this reason, we evaluated many VPNs to find the best options for Discord.
Here are the best VPNs to get unbanned from a Discord server:
ExpressVPN is the best VPN to get unbanned from a Discord server. It has over 3000 servers operating in 94 countries that can easily let you get unbanned from a Discord server by masking your IP address.
ExpressVPN supports major operating systems to let you try Discord on various devices. ExpressVPN works on smartphones (Android or iOS) and laptops (Windows, Linux, and Mac). Moreover, it allows using the VPN services on up to 5 devices simultaneously.
ExpressVPN offers unlimited bandwidth so that you don’t have any issues while streaming, browsing, or torrenting. You can easily access Discord, join different groups, or watch your friends stream games on the platform. You can experience unrestricted voice and video calls without lagging or distortion.
Its servers ensure quick service delivery with the Lightway protocol. Therefore, the Discord features load instantly and run smoothly. Furthermore, ExpressVPN servers are fast enough to bypass geo-restrictions and provide you Discord connection quickly.
ExpressVPN has user-friendly and interactive apps that are equipped with all essential features. All its apps follow a strict no-logs policy, kill switch, and AES 256-bit encryption. It’s easy to configure and set up with a detailed and informative user guide.
You can enjoy anonymity while chatting on Discord with ExpressVPN. Even your own ISPs can’t track you or identify your VPN usage. ExpressVPN lets you use lightweight browser extensions to access Discord on Edge, Chrome, and Firefox.
We were able to unban our Discord server quickly after connecting to ExpressVPN. We could place voice and video calls without visible distortion or breaks. The customer support service replied instantly after we contacted them via the live chat option. We highly recommend using ExpressVPN to get unbanned from a Discord server.
Finally, ExpressVPN is available at the cost of only $6.67/mo (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE this Black Friday/Cyber Monday). To test this VPN out, you can use its 30-day money-back guarantee and unban yourself from Discord risk-free for a month.
For more details about this VPN, go through our ExpressVPN review.
- Bypasses all Discord restrictions
- Covers 94 countries to provide Discord access extensively
- Super-fast servers to ensure unthrottled calling and chatting on Discord
- Anonymous identity on Discord with no-logs policy
- Highly-responsive customer support service available 24/7
- Slightly expensive subscription deals than the competitors
Surfshark is the most cost-effective VPN to get unbanned from a Discord server. It has more than 3200 servers in 100 countries, covering several locations to provide Discord access.
The best thing about this VPN is that it allows unlimited device connections to use Discord on as many devices as you want simultaneously. This makes it the best VPN for multiple devices!
Surfshark servers provide fast speeds using WireGuard protocol to let you enjoy quick connections and lag-free voice and video calling on Discord. It offers encrypted communication on Discord via AES 256-bit encryption.
Surfshark has an independent auditing system that speaks about its credibility. It has DNS and IPv6 leak protection and a RAM–only technology that deletes all your data after each session automatically.
Surfshark has introduced a unique tool called Surfshark One with an antivirus, leak alerts, and a safe search platform that keeps no records. You can securely use Discord by enabling Surfshark One utilities for all your activities without stressing about the loopholes.
For additional protection, it lets you connect to a Multihop server. It is compatible with all major operating systems and works on smartphones, laptops, desktops, tablets, etc.
When we tested Surfshark, we could use Discord with Surfshark’s app on Android, Windows, and iOS without any glitches. We were satisfied with the speed obtained from Surfshark servers. We appreciate the focus of apps on the security and privacy of users.
You can get Surfshark’s service at a price of only $2.05/mo (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE this Black Friday/Cyber Monday), along with a 30-day money-back guarantee. For more details about this VPN, go through our Surfshark review.
- Unlimited device connections under one account to use Discord
- Powerful unboxing mechanism for Discord
- Fast servers to facilitate smooth calling, chatting, and streaming services in Discord
- Advanced security options along with robust protocols
- Live chat facility available to assist and support 24/7
- Server switching takes time
NordVPN has the largest server network to get unbanned from a Discord server. It is considered to be the most secure and reliable VPN provider to unlock Discord services with a wide server network. NordVPN has over 5200 servers in 59 countries that help you unban Discord from literally anywhere in the world.
NordVPN servers use the NordLynx protocol to provide extra-fast connection and delivery in Discord. Users can quickly join groups, send text messages instantly, and connect voice or video calls in a buffer-free way. It brings unique features, such as the dark web monitor, onion over VPN, and double IP protection.
NordVPN’s threat protection technology prevents viruses, cyber-attacks, and online hazards. It also blocks trackers and advertisers that can potentially record your activities and capture your traffic, ensuring a distraction-free experience at Discord.
NordVPN servers shield your IP and data traffic twice to guarantee enhanced online protection. When you attempt connecting to Discord from a restricted location, not even your ISP can detect your real identity.
NordVPN launched three services, including NordPass, to save passwords and share credentials with co-workers. NordLocker encrypts business and personal data while protecting files, and NordLayer implements a secure SAAS business model.
On testing NordVPN, we found it to be truly serving its claims both in terms of security and performance. When we tried to launch discord, we instantly connected to the server anonymously. We were totally impressed by the speed we received from the provider.
Moreover, we loved the dark web monitor, which notifies users when their personal information gets leaked on the dark web. On top of this, we were inspired by the Meshnet technology that lets us connect to a remote device anywhere in the world over privately encrypted tunnels without requiring any configuration.
On the whole, NordVPN is the complete solution to protecting identities and credentials on Discord while utilizing its features with advanced security. It costs only $3.69/mo (Get 55% Off + 2 Months FREE this Black Friday/Cyber Monday) and offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. In case of issues, its customer support service can be contacted via live chat 24/7.
For more details about this VPN, go through our NordVPN review.
- Follows a strong AES 256-bit encryption for securing Discord data
- Covers a wide geographical area with 5200+ servers to connect Discord from anywhere
- Special servers dedicated to P2P streaming and torrenting
- Extra-fast server connections for buffer-free voice and video calling on Discord
- Good customer support service with availability 24/7
- Offers unique services like complete threat protection and remote device accessibility
- Linux app lacks the graphic interface
Methodology: How to Choose VPN for Discord Ban?
Many VPNs claim to provide various services, but not all can get you unbanned from a Discord server. We particularly searched for the VPNs that can help us unblock Discord, and that is one primary feature in all of the VPNs we have mentioned here. You must also look for some other features as well while selecting a VPN.
Our methodology for choosing the VPN is given below:
- Server Network: Discord services are available in most countries, but there are some regions where it is restricted, such as China, United Arab Emirates, etc. With a large server network of a VPN, you can get a server closer to your location for quick access. After connecting to the nearest servers, you can access restricted content like Discord. NordVPN has one of the largest server networks, whereas the other two VPNs also have good server coverage.
- Unblocking Capability: Other than lifting the Discord ban, users may want to access other geo-blocked websites and apps. Some popular streaming platforms, news services, or social media apps are unavailable in certain regions. Therefore, a VPN provider with unblocking capability is needed for accessing such channels and services. You can easily unlock the content while traveling abroad. All the VPNs listed here have strong unblocking capabilities to use restricted services.
- Speed: Discord has a number of features that rely on good speed, specifically voice and video calls. Therefore, you need to select VPNs that ensure high-speed delivery for uninterrupted services. We have observed good speeds for the three VPNs added to the list, and they offer unlimited bandwidth. You can use Discord and perform almost any activity on the platform smoothly with the VPNs selected by us for unbanning the tool.
- Security: Nobody wants their communication or other activities on Discord to be tampered with by hackers or snoopers online. To shield your data, you require a VPN that has a basic kill switch, AES 256-bit encryption, and a DNS leak protection mechanism. Other than these standard security features, some of the VPNs offer additional benefits, such as double VPN servers, ad blockers, and enhanced online protection. The VPNs discussed above have basic and certain unique security features.
- Privacy: One big concern of VPN users is the privacy intrusion on the network, as many VPNs log your activities and browsing history. The VPN providers mostly collect and sell user data to third parties and advertisers. Therefore, high-quality VPNs must employ a no-logs policy to keep user privacy protected. All VPNs added in this post offer a strict no-logs policy, maintaining user anonymity while using Discord. Some VPNs even let users pay via Bitcoin to keep privacy, such as ExpressVPN.
- Easy to Use: Lifting the ban with the help of a VPN should be easy. VPN apps are generally user-friendly and offer a simple interface that can be operated by beginners. Furthermore, efficient customer service is important to support users in case of issues. ExpressVPN, Surfshark, and NordVPN provide a simple interface and an excellent customer support service available 24/7 for assistance.
- Value for Money: One important factor while choosing VPNs is the amount you pay for the services. Users prefer affordable options with a balance of fine-quality features. Safely, all VPNs mentioned here don’t charge overboard. Surfshark is the most budget-friendly VPN with security and privacy features for Discord.
How to unblock Discord on your device
Follow the instructions given ahead to unblock Discord on your device:
How to Unblock Discord on PC (Windows, Mac)
Here’s how you can unblock Discord on your desktops:
How to unblock Discord on a phone (Android, iOS)
Follow the steps below to unblock Discord on your mobile phones:
Why Does Discord Ban Users?
Discord services or server administrators often ban users for many reasons. Some of the possible reasons include:
- Repeatedly sending uninvited messages or friend requests to a user
- Sharing content related to pornography
- Arranging or contributing to illegal activities on the platform
- Sharing content against the copyright policies and laws
- Creating fake accounts
- Promoting suicide or other inappropriate and harmful acts
- Incorrectly labeling NSFW channels
Although you can find many VPN options for getting unblocked from a Discord server, select the one that comes with all-over protection and useful features. The service we recommend is ExpressVPN which offers blazing-fast servers running in 94 countries to allow Discord connection from anywhere in the world.
Moreover, it is packed with feature-rich apps for all major operating systems and devices so that you can use Discord easily. ExpressVPN follows a strict no-logs policy and an AES 256-bit encryption for data security.
In addition to the standard privacy and security protection, it is equipped with a threat manager and RAM-only technology to help you stay safe on Discord.
There is no fixed timing for a Discord ban, as users get banned from Discord under different types of categories on the platform. The bans are of two categories; a kick and a ban. If a user gets “kicked” from a server, he can rejoin, or the server admin can add him.
In case of a server ban, the server’s admin team decides the ban limit, and it can lift at any time. Whereas a platform ban is a serious restriction that is more likely a permanent ban on services.
In case of a green ban violation, three warnings are received within one week to be given a mute. They may get two mutes in one week before any decision, or the chat moderator takes further action.
Discord is a popular platform that enables users to chat in private and community rooms. Users can join groups, place voice and video calls, and interact with people worldwide. Despite the perks of using the platform, users often get banned from Discord for sharing inappropriate content, promoting prohibited acts, and performing illegal activities on the platform.
To lift the IP ban on Discord, a reliable VPN can be used. A virtual private network helps you get unbanned from a Discord server by assigning a new IP address and providing access to the Discord server. Make sure the VPN you select has the capability to unblock Discord along with basic security and privacy features.
We have compiled a list of VPNs that safely unblock Discord. However, we recommend using ExpressVPN to use Discord unrestrictedly from anywhere in the world securely and conveniently.