How to Install and Watch Hotstar on Roku [Jan 2023 Updated]
Wanna know if Hotstar is available on Roku? Yes, luckily it is! This complete guide will show you how to set up and install Hotstar on a Roku device. However, you must use a premium VPN like ExpressVPN if you want to get Hotstar on Roku from a geo-restricted area!
Hotstar is an extravagant online streaming service from India. It has blockbuster films, TV shows, sporting events, and a tonne of high-quality content!
If you are wondering what to watch on Hotstar, it has plenty of amazing content like Moving in With Malaika, Strange World, Govinda Mera Naam, and many more.
A reliable VPN enables you to connect to the service by routing traffic to a nearby server. Keep reading to find out how to install Hotstar on a Roku device and enjoy streaming Hotstar from anywhere else using a top-notch VPN service like ExpressVPN.
How to Install Hotstar on Roku? [Quick Steps]
The installation is really straightforward. To install Hotstar on Roku and watch your favourite shows on Roku, follow the instructions.
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN and configure it on your WiFi router.
- Connect to the Indian server.
- Utilize the HDMI connector on your TV to connect your Roku device. Then switch on the devices.
- Log in to Roku using your Roku credentials. To access the Roku Home page, press the home button on the remote.
- Navigate to “Streaming Channels” on the left side of the screen to access the Roku Channel shop.
- Enter “Hotstar” in the search field after selecting “Search Channels.” You can type “Hotstar” into the search field using the on-screen keyboard.
- Pick “Hotstar app” from the list of search results. On the following screen, tap “Add Channel” to start the Hotstar app download process on your Roku device.
- When the app has been downloaded successfully, click “OK” when the screen asks for confirmation occurs.To install Hotstar on a Roku device and watch it, simply follow these simple steps.
- Click “OK” when the confirmation prompt displays on the screen after the software has been downloaded successfully.You only need to follow these simple instructions to install Hotstar in USA on a Roku device.
How to Activate Hotstar on Roku?
Before starting your favorite TV series or movie on Roku devices, you must activate the Hotstar on Roku channel.
- After the installation procedure is complete, select “Go to Channel” to open the channel.
- Select “My Account” from the menu at the bottom of the screen. You should write down the activation code that displays on the screen.
- Use your web browser and go to https://www.hotstar.com/us/subscribe/activate/channels.
- Login to your Hotstar account.
- Enter the activation code that you previously noted and click “Continue” to complete the process.
Once your account is verified, the Hotstar content library will load automatically.
How to Get Hotstar on Roku? [Alternate Method]
You can also screen mirror the Disney + Hotstar app to your Roku TV using the screen mirroring feature. Go to Settings > System > Screen Mirroring > Screen Mirroring mode to accomplish it.
How to Screen Mirror Hotstar on Roku using Android?
Does Hotstar work on Roku? Yes, it does. Here’s how to screen mirror Hotstar on a Roku device via an Android phone:
How to Screen Mirror Hotstar on Roku via iOS?
Follow the instructions below after making sure your iOS smartphone and Roku device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
How to Screen Mirror Hotstar on Roku from Windows?
Here’s how to screen mirror Hotstar on a Roku device from Windows:
How do I Fix If Hotstar is not Working on Roku?
According to user reports, the Hotstar platform on Roku occasionally crashes when users try to open any video of their choice. Let’s discuss some of the reasons, due to which your Hotstar is not showing on Roku:
ReasonsThe platform may occasionally crash for a number of reasons including:
- The platform’s server experience certain issues
- As a result of heavy server traffic.
- The app is not updated to the most recent version!
- Due to a VPN error.
How to Fix
The most common fixes are as follows:
- Download the most recent Hotstar app for Roku.
- Get rid of the Roku cache.
- Disconnect your VPN and then reconnect it!
- Delete your Roku app and then reinstall it.
- Restore the factory default settings on your Roku device.
- If neither of the abovementioned solutions work, speak with customer service for help.
FAQs – Hotstar on Roku
Here’s how to add Disney Plus Hotstar to your Roku device:
- Click the Home button on the Roku remote control.
- Select “Streaming Channels” from the menu.
- Now go to the “Search Channels” option.
- In the list of results for your search is Disney+ Hotstar. Choose “Add Channel” from the drop-down menu to install it.
- Once installed, you may access it from the list of channels on your Home Screen.
- Open the app and sign in using your credentials, or if you don’t already have one, subscribe for an account.
- Then, pick a Hotstar movie or show to watch and stream it on Roku.
Yes, there are many Indian Channels available on Roku including Hotstar, Areyvah, Eros Now, Yupp TV, and many others.
You can watch Hotstar on Roku for free by getting Hotstar’s free trial. All those users who live outside India can opt for ExpressVPN’s free trial to bypass the geo-restrictions and access Hotstar on Roku completely free.
You must have gleaned enough information on unblocking Hotstar on a Roku device by this point. This article serves as a thorough tutorial to install Hotstar on Roku. Even if you decide after a trial that you don’t like the platform, you can easily end your Hotstar subscription.
Additionally, if Hotstar on Roku is blocked in your country, you can unblock it via ExpressVPN which is the best VPN for Hotstar. And with that, this guide comes to a close. Happy Streaming!