How To Unblock Websites At School Using A VPN?
Have you tried to access websites like Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, etc. from school? And failed to do so? Then it is so because the school might have blocked or blacklisted these websites.
Surveys show that 98% of the schools in America have filtered content on the internet to restrict students from accessing content that might either be harmful to them or might distract them from their studies.
And here you will be provided with a complete guide on how to access these websites, the reasons behind these websites being blacklisted, and other queries related to this issue.
⏳Short in time? Here It’s a Quick Guide to unblock websites in school
Why Are Websites Blocked In School?
Schools often block or blacklist websites such as Instagram, TikTok, etc., to prevent students from accessing harmful content. The school focuses on educating the children so that their lives become purposeful and goal-oriented.
And they consider these websites to distract the students from their primary focus, studies. They filter the content by blacklisting or blocking certain websites so that students are focused on their studies at least during school time.
At your age, it is so difficult to manage and think about what is wrong and what is right so you can find difficulties in knowing how much time you waste on the internet and that is the reason they don’t like it.
[insert image of blacklisted websites like insta, Fb, etc. ]
How To Unblock Websites In School?
Not only schools but many countries have also banned or geo-restricted certain websites due to various political reasons. But here you will be provided with a guide to know about the methods or techniques through which you can use these websites anywhere anytime!
These are the methods/ways that you can use to unblock websites in schools:
1. Using A VPN
VPN is the safest and most effective tool if you want to unblock any video streaming application or website. It not only helps you to watch youtube videos but also hides your identity and the most important part is VPN did not record your saved history. So, yes it is a good option to have in your pocket list.
These VPNs help you in many ways by providing you privacy and making you safe from dangerous malware and virus spread by cloned websites. The important features of these VPNs are:
- It changes your IP address giving you an anonymous identity.
- It makes sure that your IP address cannot be traced by anyone.
- It has got no logs, which makes your access history safe.
- It helps you to gain access to geo-restricted content.
- It saves you from any punishment or fine that you might be charged for accessing illegal content.
Steps To Unlock Websites Through VPN:
2. Use a Proxy server
Proxy is the same as a VPN which acts between a user and the internet, when a requests something that he wants to see through the web, then its request is taken by the proxy and sent to the web, so that means the User’s Id address is hidden through this process and new IP address is created in the name of the proxy.
However, a Proxy only helps to unlock websites and you can easily use it to access your favorite website.
3. Tor Browser
Tor ( The Onion Router) is a browser that is free-to-use, open-source software introduced with the motive to protect users’ privacy and make it anonymous. Tor browser system basically hides the IP address, browsing history, online data, etc.
Features Of A Good VPN
1. Strong Encryption
The most important feature of a VPN must-have is strong encryption, a very necessary and important part of a Good VPN, Every VPN must process this feature so that hackers don’t steal your data.
2. 30- Day Money Back Guarantee
A good quality VPN must have this feature because in today’s world every VPN company does promotional activities to attract a customer and that creates a dilemma from which VPN to choose, so the customer must have the option first to try the services and then make a payment if satisfied.
3. VPN kill switch
VPN kill switch means once your VPN’s server is down then your all internet access will shut down, It is a very good feature to have in a VPN, It may sound strange to you people, but with the VPN kill switch, you can protect your data from being hacked.
4. High-Speed Servers
I think this must be a basic and important feature that a VPN must have, good connection server is a must-have to enjoy the VPN services although some of the VPN servers slow down the internet speed by half ExpressVPN only slow down the internet services by 2%
I have mentioned what good features of VPNs are, Now I will tell you the Best VPNs available in the market which are highly recommended by the users
Best VPNs Available For Unblocking TikTok In School
- 5500+ servers in 62+ Countries
- Double VPN feature for extra privacy
- Unlimited Streaming in HD quality without data caps
- Unlimited P2P/Torrenting anonymously with dedicated P2P servers
- CyberSec to avoid malware and block ads
- Stream International Netflix, Hulu, Prime, HBO, iPlayer, and other streaming sites
- Reliable kill switch
- Strict No-logs policy
- 30 Days full refund policy
NordVPN is one of the best VPNs for streaming any website like TikTok covering more than 5500 servers in almost 62 countries. It also supports WireGuard protocol for quick streaming speeds.
NordVPN is reliable and safe and is a very good option for online security purposes. You can enjoy different platforms such as Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, Amazon Prime, and other streaming Apps. NordVPN will give you a slight edge over some of the basic VPN plans which is why due to its commendable services awarded as Editor’s Choice Award.
2. Surfshark VPN
- 3200+ Servers in 65 Countries
- Standard AES 256-bit encryption with OpenVPN, WireGuard, and IKEv2 protocols
- Unblocks Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Disney+, Amazon Prime, and HBO
- Whitelist and Cleanweb feature
- Multihop mode to stream the content in high quality without buffering.
- Static IP Address available
- Reliable Kill Switch
- No Log Policy
- Unlimited device connections.
- 7 Days free trial & 30 days refund policy
It is a highly reliable bypasser and is also a user-friendly VPN that works well with almost everything. Surfshark VPN allows you to connect all the devices simultaneously. There is a strict no-logs policy, a kill switch, private DNS and leaks protection, no borders mode, camouflage mode, and much more.
Surfshark provides you with the most secure privacy tools such as supreme encryption and secure protocols, and you can also change your IP address. So, Surfshark is one of the best options that you can use to access any website.
- 3000+ Fastest Servers in 160+ locations (94 countries)
- 256-bit military-grade encryption and double VPN feature for extra privacy
- ExpressVPN offers Unlimited torrenting support along with full security
- Allow Torrenting on all servers without any limit
- Contains tons of server locations with class-leading connection speeds.
- WebRTC leak protection with private DNS for the best privacy.
- 5 simultaneous device connections with a reliable kill switch
- No Log Policy.
- Unblock Amazon Prime, Hulu, HBO, BBC iPlayer, and more
- 30 Days full refund policy
It is a highly secure virtual private network. ExpressVPN has got almost 3000 servers covering 94 countries. It also works best with Netflix, Gostream, iPlayer, Amazon prime video, Hulu, PrimeWire, etc. This VPN is well known for providing the fastest connection with reliability, mostly for watching movies.
It is an easy-to-use VPN that comes with advanced features like a kill switch, high-quality encryption, and an adblocker. Also, the variety of protocols that it provides is tremendous, and the security and speed are top-notch.
4. CyberGhost VPN
- 6900+ Servers in over 105+ countries.
- Fast VPN for Windows with all features
- Unblock Amazon Prime, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, and many other streaming platforms in high quality.
- Supports a maximum of 7 devices for simultaneous streaming.
- Compatible with Android, iOS, Chrome, Linux, and other devices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- 45 days money-back guarantee.
It is a VPN that protects your privacy and is considered great for bypassing geo-blocks. It is great to avail the benefit of fast speed. CyberGhost has got a fleeting 8911 servers covering almost all the countries of the world. It allows you to connect to more than seven devices at the same time.
The fast speed that it provides helps the users to stream videos without any hindrance of lagging or freezing. It also comes with an ad blocker that helps you to stream movies without any irritating interruption of ads. The most prominent features of this VPN are the split tunnel feature, no logs, and military-grade encryption.
5. IPVanish VPN
- 1500+ Servers in 75+ Locations
- Endless Streaming with optimized servers
- 10 devices support with a single account.
- Faster connection speeds with unlimited data caps
- Multi-platform iOS support with a reliable kill switch
- No Log Policy with superior anonymity
- 30 days Full Refund Policy
IPVanish VPN is the most secure VPN due to the additional privacy features that it provides. It has got almost 2000 servers spread across more than 75 countries. It comes with zero-traffic log-ins, unlimited bandwidth, and much more.
This VPN offers OpenVPN and WireGuard protocols and is user efficient as it is very easy to use. It comes with military-grade encryption, a kill switch, and DNS protection. While accessing any website through this VPN, you are ensured that your information is not shared with a third party. The 24/7 customer support that it provides is one of the supreme features that makes it more user-friendly.
Can we use a free VPN to unblock websites?
Yes, you can definitely use a free VPN to unblock websites but it won’t give you 100% security as compared to a paid VPN. Because free VPNs have less database connection, there is no guarantee in the long run that you can enjoy access to your favorite website in schools or any restricted area.so I recommend the best and most reliable VPN.
How can I unblock websites without VPN?
If it is not feasible or possible for you to unblock websites using a VPN then you can definitely try other methods like using a proxy, or a Tor browser to unblock your favorite website.
Why are certain websites blocked in schools?
Certain websites like TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, etc. are blacklisted in schools to prevent students from accessing harmful content. And also, to prevent them from getting distracted from their studies.
Schools have been continuously blocking and blacklisting certain websites that they think to be harmful or destructive for students. The reason behind this is to prevent students from wasting their time in school and focusing on their studies.
But in their free time, it is quite feasible for students to access these websites and enjoy their leisure time. So, to unblock these websites students can use a strong and reliable VPN like NordVPN, ExpressVPN, etc. to access these blocked websites.